From Florida, USA:

I was diagnosed with a 1 centimeter cyst on my pituitary gland a year ago. It was detected from a MRI taken after I had a minor stroke. I have had problems with excessive thirst, urination, extreme swelling of my entire body, thyroid disruptions, experienced hypo and hyperglycemia episodes, mental and physical fatigue which is not prolonged, memory loss (even before the stroke), allergies, migraines. My endocrinologist has been monitoring the cyst with MRI's. It hasn't changed. In fact, a decade ago, an MRI revealed a 1cm unidentified "mass" in the same position as it was last year. My question: What are my options? Surgery and what is entailed? What? Diet seems to be a control factor with my blood sugar and thyroid. What do you consider my options to be?

This is a very complicated situation (as you are well aware!), and cannot be clarified in this forum. It's unclear if you have been diagnosed with diabetes or not -- if your blood sugar has been high enough, it's diabetes.

You ought to discuss your situation with your endocrinologist.

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

It is unclear what diagnosis, if any, has been detailed. Given the history and symptoms you describe, you may be at risk for a number of hormonal imbalances. Presumably you have tested for the following but I think you should specifically ask as to the status of how your pituitary gland is controlling your thyroid and adrenal glands and growth hormone production. You may be at risk for another hormonal imbalance that leads to urination, that is confusingly called Diabetes Insipidus. It is unrelated to "sugar diabetes."