From Mumbai, Maharashtra, India:

My brother was just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a week ago, and I want to know that if there is an another treatment other than taking insulin for a lifetime.

At the present time there is really no alternative to insulin for a teenager with type 1 diabetes, assuming that he has the type 1A (autoimmune) form.

There are new insulins and new devices for measuring blood sugar and giving insulin which now make this much easier, although it still requires patience. My guess is however that within about ten years there will not only be indwelling glucose sensors that can be safely linked to an insulin pump to create an artificial pancreas, and that some variant of present transplant technology will be able to offer a cure without the need of waiting for donors or committing to a lifetime of immunosuppressive medication.