From Buxton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom:

I am a reception teacher and have a child in my class who is on the child protection list for neglect. He has been taken into hospital with suspected diabetes, and I am concerned that his parents are in no condition to provide an adequate diet or give him insulin injections. Is there anything I can do for him at school?

I'm not sure there is very much you can do at school, as diabetes is a 24 hour condition. If the parents aren't able to care for his diabetes, this is an issue which needs to be addressed by the medical team caring for him and social services.