Question:

From Fredericksburg,Virginia, USA:

My son has headaches, vomits, and urinates a lot. The main thing is he is in the bathroom every 10 minutes all day and night. If he does not eat right, he gets very ill. I was told he has hypoglycemia, but I did not get any information about it. Is it a type of diabetes? What is it? How do you treat it? What should I know?

Answer:

This does not sound like diabetes. However, there is clearly a problem and you should ensure that his doctor explains what tests he has performed and the results of them to you. If s/he can't do this then go somewhere else.

[Editor's comment: See Other causes of hypoglycemia at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]