From Atlanta, Georgia, USA:

Recently my five year old son has had a few skin rashes and went to a dermatologist who suggested that he had granuloma annulare. The doctor suggested that this is a sign that my son has diabetes or is likely to get it in the future. What is granuloma annulare? Is it likely that my son has or will get diabetes if the skin biopsy confirms he has that skin condition?

Granuloma annulare may occasionally be associated with diabetes. The vast majority of those that have granuloma annulare do not develop diabetes.