From Hill City, Kansas, USA:

Does the GlucoWatch G2 Biographer work well for kids? Is it worth the investment at this time?

My own personal opinion is that the GlucoWatch is not worth the investment at present. There have been calibration problems in children, and, although it has obvious usefulness during illness or in evaluating nocturnal hypoglycemia, it is still cumbersome for day to day use. I think you would do better with Alternate Site Testing.

[Editor's comment: Clearly, what you mean by "works well" will influence our answer. For everyday use, it clearly will not substitute for fingerstick blood sugar testing. But perhaps in some situations, some parents will find it helpful: as Dr. O'Brien indicates, these might include illness and evaluation of nocturnal hypoglycemia. WWQ]