Question:

From Valparaiso, Indiana, USA:

I use a Prestige meter offered by Walgreen's because I don't have insurance, and the strips are half the price. However, I have had a couple of times when my blood sugar was not measured correctly, and when I re-did the measurement, I got a result that I thought was better meeting with my situation. I am looking for any studies done on the Prestige Meter.

Answer:

I will contact the manufacturer of the Walgreen's meter, a company called Home Diagnostics, to get their latest meter to review. Another low-cost meter is the ReliOn Monitor, sold at Wal-Mart.

JSH

DTQ-20030311002208A