From Nancy, France:

Our newborn baby has very high blood insulin (values up to 65) after two weeks treatment with glucose and baby milk to stabilise her glucose (about 3 mmol/L [54 mg/dl] ). Normally values should be around 16. What is the reason for this high insulin content?

There are several possible causes for your baby's high insulin levels. First of all, I'd advise you a check the measuring units because there are very different interpretations as to whether the results are in microU/ml in comparison to pmmol/L. Furthermore, I'd check also when the sample was taken because 65 figure may not be high at all if this was drawn after a period of a feeding with glucose and formula. Please talk again to your pediatrician and repeat over the next month the testing, which I expect might be quite normal.