From Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA:

My 37 year old husband has had diabetes for approximately five years and started taking insulin about three years ago, usually runs high. We have had unprotected intercourse for six years and was wondering if you could tell me how fertile someone would be. (I already have two children.)

Diabetes alone would not explain lack of fertility. Until your husband is tested, no recommendation should be made to suggest he cannot father children. When patients with diabetes have multiple illnesses or complications, the stress of the illness or side effects from medications may impact fertility.