From Woodbine, Georgia, USA:

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when I was over 50, and that is when I first heard of PCOS. Would having PCOS be an important factor in determining my treatment plan?

Both are conditions associated with insulin resistance. At this point, I am not sure you would do anything different to treat the diabetes. Very early on, with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, you might treat the insulin resistance more aggressively which raises the question as to whether it would have an impact on the development of type 2 diabetes.