Question:

From Palmdale, California, USA:

About a week ago while my five year old daughter and I were out, she suddenly got pale and told me she wanted to go to sleep. She dropped to the floor and couldn't get up. I tried picking her up because I noticed that she didn't have any strength in her to stand up on her own. I gave her some water, and eventually she was okay. However, since than she has been complaining of dizziness, drowsiness and nausea. I have been monitoring her food intake and have noticed that these symptoms appear when she goes more than two to three hours without eating. I offer her something to eat and am persistent, but she says she is not hungry and does not want to eat. I also have a seven year old son who tells me that he is always thirsty and complains of above symptoms. Should I be concerned about this?

Answer:

This does not sound like typical behavior for a child. I would recommend you contact the pediatrician's office and make an appointment for your children to be evaluated.

Additional comments from Craig Broadhurst:

These children need to be seen by a pediatrician.

CMB