From Canada:

I've had type 1 diabetes and have been controlling it with NPH and Humalog for about nine months, but for the past week or so, I have become seriously insulin resistant and have had to triple my insulin dosage to keep my blood sugar under control. I've been taking Accutane for a about and month and a half, but I'm not sure whether it inhibits the effects of insulin. What could be causing this?

If Accutane is the only thing that has changed, I'd stop the Accutane and see if things go back to the way they were. You can always restart the Accutane if this is not the cause. Also, talk to your diabetes team and also whoever prescribed the Accutane to see if there is some connection or alternative.

[Editor's comment: Another possibility is that your honeymoon has ended, and your inulin requirements have now greatly increased. SS]