From Georgia, USA:

For the last few months, my 15 year old daughter, who has had diabetes for 10 years, has had increased swelling in her arms and legs and what her doctor said was geographic tongue. Any explanation for this? Is it diabetes related?

A geographic tongues is usually a harmless finding on a physical examination and requires no treatment. It is not related to diabetes.

[Editor's comment: The "increased swelling" you mention is difficult to analyze based on e-mail, and I'd suggest you discuss it with your daughter's doctor. WWQ]