From Modesto, California, USA:

My six year old daughter (who does not have diabetes) complained about stomach pain in the morning (she does this quite often) and then ate breakfast around 6:30 am. She went skiing from 10:00-11:30 am, and afterward laid down and slept for an hour and a half. Around 1:00 pm, I woke her to go eat lunch, and after she ate one bite of a hot dog bun, At 1:15 pm she stumbled to me yelled that her stomach hurt. The her eyes rolled back, her jaw clenched, and her back arched. I laid her down, and this lasted for about 20 seconds.

The first aid team checked her blood sugar which was 342 mg/dl [19 mmol/L], in the ambulance, it was 198 mg/dl [11 mmol/L], and about two and a half hour later, tested was 80 mg/dl [4.4 mmol/L]. A CAT scan was normal.

What would cause her to have such a high blood sugar? Did the one bite of food help it to come down? Currently her doctor is not testing for diabetes -- should I request it?

I think it possible that there is a relatively simple explanation to this story and that the seizure was in fact due to hypoglycemia. This in turn was a reflection of nothing to eat for over six hours together with significant exertion in the cold.

A urine test at this time might have been positive for ketones and confirmation of a relatively common condition called ketotic hypoglycemia.

The blood sugar level of 342 mg/dl [19 mmol/L] is certainly abnormal but could have been the result of the normal counterregulatory response to hypoglycemia. The fact that the high blood sugars returned to normal so promptly makes diabetes very improbable, but as a further reassurance, you should ask the doctor to arrange a formal fasting blood sugar test in a clinical laboratory.