From Nevada City, California, USA:

I am a 58 year old disabled male who is somewhat sugar sensitive but not diagnosed with diabetes. About 17 years ago, I started having problems after I eat. Within 15 minutes, my muscles start to ache. This starts in the center of my back and spreads. My neck gets sore, my pressure points get very sensitive, my gait is affected, vision gets blurry, I get confused, I can't concentrate, and I get muscle fatigue. This gets worse until I can't function. I try to eat to feel better which lasts for a few minutes, and then I become worse. The only cure is very deep meditation which results in very deep almost paralyzed sleep, and I awake groggy. If I eat then again, I feel badly but don't usually phase out again. Breakfast doesn't usually bother me if it is small, and lunch is the worst.

My blood pressure is normal, and my blood sugar is 120-130 mg/dl [6.7-7.2 mmol/L] when I'm starting to zone out. I actually only function well with blood sugars below 80 mg/dl [4.4 mmol/L] or if I don't eat all day. Over the years, all types of food allergies have been ruled out, and I have tried all type of diets, but none helped.

Testing so far has found some abnormalities in my EEG suggesting a migrainous trend, but medications have not made a big difference, and my memory has been getting very bad. I don't know if this is from all the zoning out. My sugar, C-peptide, and oxygen levels were monitored after a meal (unfortunately on a day with very mild symptoms) and showed my sugar behaving some what normally. However, my C-peptide continued to rise for hours, and my oxygen level was abnormal. One thought is insulin is getting into the brain but glucose is not. Could I be allergic to my own insulin? Any ideas about what could be the cause of this complex problem?

No, I don't think this is an insulin allergy. It sounds like the cause of the symptoms has been hard to diagnose and an easy diagnosis is not in the cards. I would suggest having another prolonged fast to evaluate for an insulin-producing tumor. It is not unusual to have varying results on different days. This should be a supervised fast with your physician following you closely in the hospital.