Question:

From Kent, United Kingdom:

My eight year old daughter, diagnosed four year ago, was also diagnosed with celiac disease last week, and I can find no information about controlling both conditions.

Answer:

I recommend a few websites to check out that are very good with respect to celiac disease and diabetes meal planning. See our Celiac page here at Children with Diabetes. There are celiac links and discussions there. It may be useful to ask your physician for a referral to a dietitian who specializes in pediatric meal planning and has had experience with both diabetes and celiac management.

JMS

Posted to Celiac and Meal Planning, Food and Diet