Question:

From Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom:

I am asking this question on behalf of somebody who employed a person as a long distance lorry driver and spent a long time behind the wheel of a HGV truck. He has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and also takes Istin 10 mg per day which he has been on for some time. Are there any side effects from taking Istin and having types 2 diabetes?

Answer:

Istin (amlodipine) may be associated with hyperglycemia. I'd suggest that the driver be sure to discuss whether there is a continuing need for this medication with his physician, or whether an alternate medication might be appropriate to try.

Posted to Other Medications