Question:

From Morgan, Minnesota, USA:

Do I, as a student in a Junior High School, have the right to test my blood sugar anywhere (e.g during class or at my locker), anytime, without the nurse's help? Do I have the right to not even go to the nurse's office ever during the day? Please tell me what my rights are. I really hate having to go to the nurse everyday and having to sit there and wait and wait and wait.

Answer:

You have the right to check your blood sugar at school. When and where you do that has to be mutually agreed upon between you and school personnel. I suggest that your ask your parents to set up a meeting with you, your parents, school personnel, and perhaps a member of your diabetes team to discuss this issue.

SS

Posted to School and Daycare