From North Canton, Ohio, USA:

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a little over a year ago, have been on Glucovance, and I have easily maintained my blood glucose levels around 95-129 mg/dl [5.3-7.2 mmol/L]. Is there any evidence that health problems associated with diabetes will develop even if I always am able to maintain good blood sugar levels?

There is plenty of evidence that good control of your diabetes, as seen by a hemoglobin A1c of less than 6.5%, will greatly reduce your chances of serious complications. Of course there are never any guarantees, but the odds will certainly be in your favor.

Keep up the good work!