From Ayr, Queensland, Australia:

I have type 1 diabetes, am pregnant, and continue to have lows. The only way I can get my sugar up is to have Coca-Cola, and some days, I have to have 10 cans. Is there something else I can use instead of Coke?

Drinking 10 cans of soda a day is way too much for anybody. You are probably taking too much insulin and need to reduce your dose if you are having repeated hypoglycemic events. Trying to correct with Coca-Cola is probably causing large swings in your blood sugar values. I would strongly suggest that you review your regimen with your doctor and work on your diet, timing of injections and dose of insulin.

Posted to Family Planning