Question:

From North Salt Lake, Utah, USA:

I am seventeen years old, have had diabetes for four years, and I am on an insulin pump. I will be graduating from high school in a couple of months and going to college. I am searching for scholarships for teens with diabetes or pump users. I know there have been previous questions on this subject, but I have yet to find any scholarships specifically for people with diabetes, and it seems the Eli Lilly scholarship is now defunct.

My dad recently quit his high-paying job to open his own company, so our family income is down a significant amount, but financial aid won't help much because they use last years tax returns. Anyway, scholarships or grants or anything will be a huge relief. I will be going to school in California, if that helps.

Answer:

See Scholarships. Also, plan to touch base with the financial planning office at the school you are going to attend. The folks there should be able to assist you.

SS

DTQ-20030409000752B