From Denmark:

A friend, whose father has type 1 diabetes, was told by the doctor that her father is not allowed to have glucagon for treating severe lows (which he has experienced some times) even though his wife is capable of giving the injection. Is there any reasons for not letting my friend's father have glucagon?

I do not know why a person at risk for severe hypoglycemia should not have access to a Glucagon Emergency Kit as long as a family member is be able to give the injection. It can even be lifesaving.