From Chula Vista, California, USA:

Ever since I got type 1 diabetes three and a half years ago, I noticed that I began getting more sores, and I have a lot of sores on my back. Not only do I get more sores, but I notice every time I cut myself or anything I retain a scar. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to help reduce getting sores and retaining scars?

People shouldn't be getting more skin sores when diabetes is in reasonable control. You should discuss this with your diabetes team and make sure that there are no other problems with your blood count and immune system or that you are not a staph carrier and therefore never getting rid of the bacteria causing the problem in the first place. if you have acne problems, in addition to these sores, a burst of an antibiotic may be reasonable to consider but go back and get this problem evaluated.