From Marlin San Lorenzo, California, USA:

I have a blood glucose monitoring kit that I don't need because I am well and I don't have diabetes. It is still in the box and unused, in perfect condition, and I am trying to sell it because I can use the money to pay off debt. It sold for $70.00 and I want to sell it for $60.00. Do you know of any organizations that may have people interested in buying the kit at a reduced price?

I doubt you will find someone willing to pay you for a meter for several reasons. One reason is that you need a pharmacy prescription number to get reimbursed by insurance. Additionally, many health care providers give patients free meters (I do) and new meters come out all the time, offering promotions along with rebates. I have never heard of a diabetes organization getting involved in the resale of equipment, although some accept donations of new (unused) equipment. I suppose you could donate it and get a tax deduction.

Additional comments from Shirley Goodman, diabetes nurse specialist:

I am unaware of any organization that is helping consumers sell unused diabetes products at a reduced price. Meters are often a very low cost item, with many doctor's offices having free meters for patients. All of the meter companies offer rebates and coupons to reduce the cost of the meter for the consumer, and often have special programs that offer free meters when the consumer purchases strips for the meter.