Question:

From Bridgeport, New York, USA:

I am a 25 year old who has had type 1 diabetes for almost eight years, and I was on Medicaid. Since I recently got married, they have cancelled my Medicaid, and I have no way of getting any of my medications or medical visits.

Answer:

I believe that you can obtain services without cost at the nearby State Medical School. If that is not available to you I would ask your social services department if there is a free clinic for residents of your county. If you or your spouse are a member of an Indian tribe, you can obtain medical services through Tribal Services.

DSH

DTQ-20030325025904B
Posted to Insurance/Costs