From California, USA:

Is there a problem in reuse of my insulin pump supplies? The reservoir is easy to refill without purchasing it every time. The infusion set is harder but can be used without priming if you are careful not to inject additional insulin when refilling the reservoir. It does mean you avoid resetting the infusion device for two periods (i.e. perhaps six days of use rather then the recommended three).

The supplies are so expensive that it's difficult to pay for them, even with insurance contribution. What are the risks involved with re-using them?

The risks of reuse are infection or clogging/blockage of the infusion sets. I would suggest following the instructions, but you should discuss this specifically with your diabetes health care team so that they can provide advice for you individually.

Posted to Insulin Pumps