From Gunter, Texas, USA:

I have had gestational diabetes since my 28th week of pregnancy. I control it with diet, and my numbers are usually wonderful with an occasional high after lunch. Now that I'm in my ninth month (37 weeks), my levels have dropped, I find I can splurge more, do not have to follow my diet as closely as before, and my blood sugar stays within range. Is this something to be concerned about?

Sometimes with gestational diabetes the degree of insulin resistance decreases towards the end of pregnancy. This is probably due to waning hormone production by the placenta. Nevertheless, you should still stick to your specific diet and avoid the "splurges" since there is still risk of excessive growth of the baby.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes