Question:

From Riva, Maryland, USA:

My daughter has been diagnosed with non-ketotic hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia, and is on diazoxide three times per day to maintain normal sugars. I would like to obtain information on nesioblastis, a recommended condition to look into for my daughter, but I think the spelling is incorrect. Could you please give me the correct spelling?

Answer:

The correct spelling is nesidioblastosis, but nowadays it's usually called PHHI or Persistent Hyperinsulinemic Hypoglycemia of Infancy. There must be several questions and answers about this subject on this website. Diazoxide is standard initial treatment.

Posted to Nesidioblastosis