From Midlothian, Virginia, USA:

My seven year old son drinks and urinates frequently, and his teacher informed me that he falls asleep in class daily even though He gets plenty of sleep during the night (at least 10 hours). He also complains that he "is not feeling good", or that he feels like he is going to "throw up". There is a history of diabetes in my family and my husband's family, and at his last check-up, the doctor said he is borderline overweight. Should I have him checked for diabetes or am I overreacting?

Is he up at night to urinate? If yes, see the doctor right away and report same. Otherwise, it's likely not diabetes, but can't hurt to check. I would ask your doctor to check.

[Editor's comment: See Testing for Diabetes at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]