From Bullhead City, Arizona, USA:

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two years ago, and I'm having a serious problem with something biting me. I don't see or feel the bite. It starts with a very small red mark than gets bigger and starts to itch. It takes a month or so to heal and leaves a permanent scar. The doctor wants to wait before seeing a dermatologist.

I have gotten rid of my bed, totally bug sprayed and fogged my house, wear long sleeved shirts outside, used bug repellant, sprayed my dog every day for fleas, and I am using an electric bug zapper in my house.When my wife gets mad at me, she says it's the wrath of God. So I'm turning to my trusted and dear computer and Internet to try and find a solution. I have experienced bites throughout my life, like everyone else, but I'm thinking either I'm being bitten by invisible fleas, it's the wrath of God, or because of my diabetes, my resistance is low and I've developed severe allergy to bug bites. Have you heard of such a thing?

I do not think your symptoms are associated with your diabetes.

[Editor's comment: It's time to see a dermatologist. Let us know what he/she finds! WWQ]