From Ankara, Turkey:

My friend's son, diagnosed about seven months ago with type 1 diabetes, uses insulin twice a day, and he suffers from these injections. Are there any types of medicines or pills to use instead of insulin injections?

I am afraid that the only treatment for type 1 diabetes is insulin injections. This is because the condition is due to the body being unable to make this hormone. The only way to replace this is by injection because insulin would be destroyed by acid in the stomach if given as a pill.