Question:

From Tucson, Arizona, USA:

About 22 years ago, my brother had a building fall on him, and about a month after that happened, he developed type 2 diabetes. No one else in our family has or had diabetes, and now that I am about the same age as he was when he got it. Is it possible that the accident could have led to his diabetes?

Answer:

It could have been an extra stress to his body that brought out a predisposition to the diabetes. I am not sure I can be more specific. Sometimes certain drugs increase the blood sugar and may also have precipitated high blood sugars.