From Tucson, Arizona, USA:

About 22 years ago, my brother had a building fall on him, and about a month after that happened, he developed type 2 diabetes. No one else in our family has or had diabetes, and now that I am about the same age as he was when he got it. Is it possible that the accident could have led to his diabetes?

It could have been an extra stress to his body that brought out a predisposition to the diabetes. I am not sure I can be more specific. Sometimes certain drugs increase the blood sugar and may also have precipitated high blood sugars.