From Nebraska, USA:

My 62 year old mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes three and half years ago, treated with oral hypoglycemic agents, and she monitors her blood sugar. About a year ago, she experienced hearing loss in one ear which her doctor said was due to a "mini stroke" caused by diabetes, and about a month ago, she began experiencing neck pain around the base of her skull. Her doctor gave her arthritis medication and said the pain (and the lump that is the source of the pain) were caused by diabetes. I need (and she needs) better answers. Is her doctor correct about his diagnosis of these two situations?

Diabetes is associated with an increased risk of vascular disease. This includes heart disease, stroke of all kinds, and peripheral vascular disease. I am not sure what kind of neck lump is associated with diabetes. I would discuss this more with her physician, because I am not sure what that means. If you are still not satisfied, I would get another opinion.