From Houston, Texas, USA:

I have noticed lately that my overweight 11 year old daughter is now experiencing episodes of falling asleep at a drop of a hat, especially when we drive in the car, and she complains of headaches daily. We had her eyes checked extensively and everything was fine. She complained this morning about feeling light headed and would not eat breakfast. She is a very busy child with piano and school and does well. Should I mention this to her doctor and have her tested for diabetes?

This is most likely sleep apnea, not diabetes. Check for snoring -- listen at night. Maybe even needs a sleep test...explore this.

[Editor's comment: See Symptoms of Diabetes. WWQ]