From Little Falls, New Jersey, USA:

My 14 year old daughter (diagnosed less than six months ago) is eating all her meals and snacks (4 carbs for breakfast and lunch, 5 carbs for dinner and 3 snacks of 3 carbs each day}, but she is miserable because she is still very hungry between meals. She is not overweight; in fact, she is underweight at this point by about 15 pounds. Are there any foods my daughter can eat between meals besides vegetables?

This can be a common question for newly diagnosed kids. Your daughter's body has been starving for a long time, and she probably has lost weight as a result of the diabetes. Additional food at this point is probably warranted for catch up weight gain.

I would recommend that you talk with a diabetes dietitian. He/she can revise your daughter's meal plan to assist with this concern.