From Simi Valley, California, USA:

My daughter uses an insulin pump, and frequently an air bubble gets trapped in the "quick disconnect" portion of the infusion set. There is no alarm for no insulin delivery, yet the insulin is not moving past the disconnect portion. She tests high and checks the infusion set, sees the air bubble, and we bolus and flick that area of the infusion set until the air bubble passes through. How can we prevent this from occurring?

If the insulin is cold when loaded into the syringe, bubble may be more common. Load at room temperature. Also a change in altitude to a higher altitude may result in air bubbles. I would suggest trying other sets.

Posted to Insulin Pumps