From Owensboro, Kentucky, USA:

I 28 years old, I have had type 2 diabetes for just over a year, and the problem I am having within the last week is that I seem to be freezing cold all the time. I keep the house at 74 degrees, but I am still piling on clothes to try to keep warm with no success. Any ideas as to why this has been such a sudden change? What can I do to alleviate my refrigerator syndrome?

The most common type of medical condition associated with your symptoms is hypothyroidism. Thyroid hormone is responsible for maintaining heat generation in the body. However, it is not a specific complaint. People who have this problem are not all hypothyroid. I would have your physician see you so that you can be tested for this condition.

Posted to Thyroid