Question:

From Owensboro, Kentucky, USA:

I 28 years old, I have had type 2 diabetes for just over a year, and the problem I am having within the last week is that I seem to be freezing cold all the time. I keep the house at 74 degrees, but I am still piling on clothes to try to keep warm with no success. Any ideas as to why this has been such a sudden change? What can I do to alleviate my refrigerator syndrome?

Answer:

The most common type of medical condition associated with your symptoms is hypothyroidism. Thyroid hormone is responsible for maintaining heat generation in the body. However, it is not a specific complaint. People who have this problem are not all hypothyroid. I would have your physician see you so that you can be tested for this condition.

Posted to Thyroid