From Cisne, Illinois, USA:

My three year old son is suddenly (starting about a week ago) urinating often (four to six times in a three hour time frame), he is drinking a large amount of fluids, and his appetite is unreal; I can't seem to fill him up. I am concerned because there is a family history of diabetes. Should I be concerned? Should I wait to see if there are any changes in his urinating, eating, and drinking? He has a doctors appointment In about three weeks. Should I mention my concerns then to the doctor? Should I make an earlier appointment?

You should take your son to see his doctor very soon. The likelihood is that this is not diabetes, but it is not worth taking the risk.

[Editor's comment: Note: If he has vomiting or nausea and can't take fluids for any reason, it's a medical emergency and he should be taken to an emergency room for evaluation at any time of the day or night! WWQ]