Question:

From St. Francis, Wisconsin, USA:

I am very athletic, am trying to slim down a little bit. and I need help with food choices. What would the best food to eat? Chicken? Cheese? Fruit? Veggies? Are pretzels better then chips? Pasta or rice? Pizza or a sub? Fish or steak?

Answer:

You ask some good questions. I would recommend that you meet with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning to formulate an individualized meal plan to assist with weight loss and optimize blood sugar control. If you need a referral, ask your diabetes doctor for one.

JMS