From La Paz, Mexico:

My 11 year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes two months ago, now he is only on 5 units of NPH in the morning, and we think he is in the honeymoon period. His premeal blood sugar is about 95 mg/dl [5.3 mmol/L], and he runs about 135 mg/dl [7.5 mmol/L] after meals. Of course. he is on a a strict diet and is exercising. Our plan is to keep on giving him insulin. Should I change to Ultralente or Regular, or only change the hour the insulin is given?

Your son would probably benefit either in terms of blood sugar stability as well possibly extending the honeymoon using Lantus. It's a very good insulin, and you even don't need to stick to a fixed time of its injection as it's possible to use it over a longer range of time during the day. This new insulin quite often assures the same metabolic control that insulin pumps do. Ask your son's diabetes team then for further help.