Question:

From New Orleans, Louisiana, USA:

A month ago, I was informed that I have diabetes, and I also have had psoriasis for 10 years. Will a wound still not heal fast?

Answer:

Poor wound healing with diabetes is a problem when the blood sugars remain high for a prolonged period of time. Control of blood sugars does not affect the psoriasis, but it could increase the blood sugars if the skin lesions become infected.

In answer to your question, you should still be able to heal well enough that I don't think you will see a difference, especially if your sugars are not over 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L] all the time.