From Wichita, Kansas, USA:

I recently got my first pump, but I had a very difficult time choosing which pump to go with after narrowing it down to two. Sometimes I wish I had chosen the other one, even though I'm very happy with the one I am using. Are there any plans on ranking pumps like you do meters?

Rating insulin pumps is not as simple or straightforward as rating other products such as glucose meters. Pumps require a prescription, are very expensive, and take much more time to get used to than a meter. Our goal is to include information about the benefits of pump therapy -- in which we believe strongly and which is supported by many studies -- and encourage families to contact each pump company to learn about each pump.

Selection of a pump involves many factors, including features, cost, insurance coverage, local support, and for some, the color of the pump itself.

There are other sources of information about pumps that could assist in making a decision. Links are found in our insulin pump pages.

Posted to Other and Insulin Pumps