From Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada:

I'm looking for a way to buy a comprehensive list of food exchange values for common foods and fast food (chocolate in particular). I just can't justify paying $15 US in shipping for the ADA Exchange lists (a $2 book). How can I get a copy of a meal planning publication without ordering it through their site?

If you are Internet active, I would recommend surfing various fast food restaurant websites. Most, nowadays, offer detailed nutrition information for the person with diabetes. You might also check with your local bookstore for a list of meal planning books. A good one I recommend is Bowes and Church's Food Values of Portions Commonly Used by Jean A.T. Pennington.