Question:

From Sarasota, Florida, USA:

My six year old daughter has always been very klutzy and seems to stare off in space a lot, but the pediatrician said not to worry. I did finally took her to get her eyes checked, and she needed glasses for severe farsightedness. I am concerned because she has always had an odd odor to her breath since birth, whenever brought this up, the doctor was not concerned. She falls asleep in the oddest places, has mood swings, does not eat well at all, craves sweets and her attention span at school as per the teacher improves after a light snack.

I have had hypoglycemia since I was a teenager and almost everyone in my family has this or diabetes. My concern is that I see my daughter following the same pattern that I did as a child. I doubt the doctor will feel my concerns are valid and I would like to know what to do next. Any help would be welcomed.

Answer:

These concerns should be discussed with your daughter's pediatrician. If you don't trust his advice, you should seek out another pediatrician in whom you trust.