From Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA:

My cat was tested for diabetes, and she appeared to not have it. However, her blood sugar was 73 mg/dl [4.0 mmol/L], and I would like to know if that is good or bad.

Looks like it is the same as us. See Diabetes mellitus in cats at The Animal Clinic website.

[Editor's comment: From that website:

The normal level of glucose in the blood is 80-120 mg/dl [3.9-6.1 mmol/L]. It may rise to 250-300 mg/dl [13.8-16.5 mmol/L] following a meal or when the cat is very excited. However, diabetes is the only common disease that will cause the blood glucose level to rise above 400 mg/dl [22 mmol/L]. Some diabetic cats will have a glucose level as high as 800 mg/dl [44 mmol/L], although most will be in the range of 400-600 mg/dl [22-33 mmol/L].