From Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA:

My 15 year old daughter, diagnosed five and a half years ago, is on Lantus with Humalog, and she is extremely frustrated with her current weight (which is on the high side). When she tries to exercise and eat carefully, she says her weight is going up instead of down. I know that it would probably be wise to get the endocrinologist involved in her efforts, but she needs some positive feedback now to enable her to approach him without feeling defeated or foolish. What can we say to both encourage her efforts and admonish her to seek his assistance?

Your daughter's diabetes team should have a dietitian who would be the best resource for her.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss