From North Carolina, USA:

I have noticed that during my monthly period my fasting blood glucose level does go up. Does fasting glucose levels rise during a woman' s monthly period?

Yes, in some women blood sugars may go up either mid-cycle with ovulation, or right before the menstrual period, or during the menstrual period. In other women, there doesn't seem to be any significant variation with the menstrual cycle. You need to have several cycles to establish your own personal pattern. Sometimes insulin doses need to be adjusted to help the body deal with changes in blood sugar associated with the rise and fall of the hormones made by the ovary during the menstrual cycle.