From Felton, California, USA:

A few weeks ago I took my daughter to the doctor for strep throat. Because they detected glucose in her urine and her finger stick was in the high 200s mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L], they admitted her to the hospital that day. While there, all but one blood sugar was normal, and the last urine sample showed no glucose. Since then, we have been checking her blood sugars, her fasting blood sugars are always normal, and she has one or two per week in the high 100s mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L]. She does have anti-GAD antibodies, but no islet cell antibodies.

The assumption is that she has early diabetes but because she was ill and her body was under stress, the high blood sugar showed up earlier than is typical. We are currently just monitoring her blood sugars and watching her diet. Both her pediatrician and endocrinologist are puzzled, and we are waiting for input by pediatric endocrinologists. What is your opinion?

I suspect your daughter has type 1 diabetes and will soon show more consistent elevated blood sugar readings. She needs to be very closely watched by both your pediatrician and the endocrinologist that you've consulted.