Question:

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA:

I work for a non-profit organization that is hosting a youth program this summer, and a big part of that program is progressive health. Do you know where I can find free diabetes information that is geared towards kids/adolescents?

Answer:

Try asking at nearby offices of the American Diabetes Association and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (Look in the Yellow Pages to find their phone numbers). Also, call any nearby hospital: ask to talk to the "diabetes nurse" or "diabetes nurse educator". Finally, call the nearest medical school, ask for "Pediatric Endocrinology", and talk to the program coordinator.

SS

Additional comments from Barb Schreiner, diabetes nurse specialist:

Go to the Wizdom Youth Zone on the American Diabetes Association website. they have lots of handouts and materials for download.

BS