From Kohat, Pakistan:

My father has type 1 diabetes. I give him insulin injections twice a day and his sugar level is in control. However, he is very uncomfortable with injections, and I heard about the insulin inhalers. What are the latest developments in the insulin inhalers? Are they now available in the markets? Can my father switch over to insulin inhalers?

As of 2002, inhaled insulin is still in development, and is only available through participation in clinical trials. More information about inhaled insulin can be found at Inhaled Insulin.

Posted to Inhaled Insulin